What training, certification and license is needed to start installing solar systems?
General Requirements to Qualify to Become a Certified Solar PV Installer
To be eligible to become a qualified solar installation and design professional you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete 18 hours of training with a NABCEP Entry Level Exam Provider
- Successfully pass the NABCEP Entry Level Exam
- Complete 40 hours of Advanced Training hours
- Receive an OSHA 10 hour card
- Be the lead installer on 3-5 solar photovoltaic installs
- Pass the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam
These items represent the high-level checklist of what it takes to become a fully certified solar PV installation professional, but there are a lot of decisions you need to make along the way that will dictate whether your journey is successful or not.
Source: https://www.kaplancleantech.com/resources/solar/how-to-become-a-solar-installer http://www.nabcep.org/